Saturday, August 8, 2015

Celebrate - The Daily Show ends their conversation

Thursday night I watched Jon Stewart's last show.

Toward the end, Stephen Colbert said to Jon:
"We owe you because we learned from you. We learned from you, by example, how to have a show with intention, how to work with clarity, how to treat people with respect," Colbert said. "You are infuriatingly good at your job, and all of us who were lucky enough to work with you for 16 years are better at our jobs because we got to watch you do yours, and we are better people for having known you."

This is what I hope my students/parents would say about being in my classroom.
This is what I hope I can say to my co-workers at my school.
As teachers, many watch us do our jobs. 
I hope they can be better for having known us.


If you are a fan and missed it, click here -
Last episode of The Daily Show

4 comments:

  1. I, too, celebrate Jon Stewart and will miss him on TV.

    My Celebrate Today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. It would be wonderful to be remembered with that much respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so true! I'm really going to miss Jon Stewart! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a huge Jon Stewart fan, but I respect what he did. I love how you connected it to your teaching career!

    ReplyDelete