Saturday, March 26, 2016

Before That

Before That

I opened my eyes, removed the earplugs from my ears, turned off my kindle and the light and went back to sleep.

I climbed into bed, propped up with 2 pillows, placed the ear plugs into my ears, clicked on my kindle fire and picked Episode 49 of House of Cards to view.

I turned on the shower, very hot, to soothe my aching muscles.

I enjoyed pizza and popcorn while watching my favorite basketball team, Virginia, move into the Elite Eight after beating Iowa State easily.

I texted my friend, "Did you see that move?" as I watched the instant replay to actually see the behind-the-back pass.

I watched a VA player bring the ball down the court, and then suddenly he didn't have the ball but the player on his right did and he scored.

I saw Anna at Pietaza as I picked up a pizza to enjoy while watching the VA basketball game.

I washed my hands, covered with dirt from cutting away the overgrown bamboo seeping into our yeard from our neighbor's yard.

I grabbed the rake, the branch trimmer and lawn waste bags and headed to the back yard.

I drove home glad to have connected with a SOL blogging friend in person.

I drove two counties over to meet in person a SOL blogging friend for breakfast.

I awoke ready to start my seventh day of Spring Break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen this form of poetry last year and this year.
With days to go in this challenge, describing my Friday in this form, seemed to work.

5 comments:

  1. I keep thinking I will try this format. Sounds like you had a full and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basketball is on full force at our house, too. We're rooting for Villanova. Sounds like you had a great day! By the way, I'm a House of Cards fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basketball is on full force at our house, too. We're rooting for Villanova. Sounds like you had a great day! By the way, I'm a House of Cards fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such fun at our breakfast too!!! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat form of poetry! I need to try this. Glad you were able to connect with a SOL blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete