Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28 - Let's Go Hoo's


I am a proud graduate of the University. Others call it The University of Virginia but as a VA alum, it is referred to as The University. My time was spent learning and growing at the Curry School of Education. As a students, I cheered for my school teams and especially enjoyed basketball. Full disclosure - I did not grow up playing basketball. I don't really understand the game. I know there is something called man-to-man defense and zone but I could not explain any of  the strategy of the game. I know each team has 5 guys on the court and the tallest seems to be called the center and the short, quick guy is called the guard but not sure what their "job" is or what the jobs and titles of the other 3 guys are. I just know that I like the fast-paced, up and down the court plays. The 3-pt shots, the lay-ups, the teamwork needed to win.

I am watching again this year. This Wahoo team is GOOD! Along with being skilled, they genuinely seem to be having fun. They enjoy playing this game well. In return, it is fun for me to watch. The photo above was taken during last Saturday's winning game which earned them their slot in the Sweet Sixteen. They played hard. They were focused. They did not let up. And they also laughed and had the time of their life! It's that how all of us should approach our job in life!

Tonight I'll be watching and cheering starting at 10pm. Then plan to sing the Good 'Ol Song!

Any Wahoo fans out there, too??!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope they win! My only connection is my admiration for Thomas Jefferson - such a beautiful campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in front of the UConn game cheering (we live in CT) as well as the Michigan game cheering (my oldest daughter is heading there in the fall.) I love your disclaimers about your basketball knowledge, but your enjoyment in watching it--you sound a lot like me!

    ReplyDelete